Assistant Highway Superintendent
ASSISTANT HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT
Under general supervision, assist the Highway Superintendent in planning, organizing and supervising designated activities related to maintenance of County roads and related structures.
Applicants must complete a standard application available at www.buffalocounty.ne.gov/EMPLOYMENT. Applicants must also submit a resume and cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid State of Nebraska driver’s license/Commercial Driver’s License or ability to attain CDL within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the County
- At least four years experience in road or public works general construction
- Must have County Highway Superintendent’s license minimum Class B. Bridge inspector’s certification by State of Nebraska or ability to attain within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the County
- Must live in Buffalo County or be willing to move into Buffalo County within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the County
- Land surveying experience desirable
- This position is a non-exempt position
- Wages contingent upon qualifications
- Comprehensive benefit package including retirement
Please submit complete application, resume and cover letter to:
Buffalo County Highway Department
9730 Antelope Avenue
Kearney, NE 68847
Applications will be accepted until 10:00 AM on Thursday, March 30, 2017.
CLICK HERE for the full Assistant Highway Superintendent job description.
Corrections Officer Position Available
The Buffalo County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for a full-time Corrections Officer. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age; have a valid Nebraska driver's license; a high school diploma or GED; no felony or serious misdemeanor arrests; pass a background investigation, psychological assessment and pre-employment drug screen; and be able to read write and understand the English language as well as operate a variety of computer programs. Benefits provided with competitive pay. Starting salary $17.47 per hour.
Please complete and return applications by 4 PM on March 31, 2017 to:
Buffalo County Sheriff’s Office
2025 Ave A
PO Box 2228
Kearney, NE 68848
Buffalo County EOE/AA/Veterans Preference
Consolidated Management Company, a mid-sized company in the contract foodservice business for over 37 years, has an opening for a Cook. 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM. This position is responsible for following recipes and working with a team in foodservice operations in a correctional facility. Hourly rate $8.50 - $10.00.
Successful candidates need to be detail oriented with previous foodservice experience preferred. If no previous experience training will be offered. Pre-employment background and drug screen required. Please contact Jesse at 308-233-5283 for more information.